Annual meeting takes place every year. It provides a forum for Eniec members to exchange good practices and to develop new approaches to local and European-level challenges. The meetings center around chosen themes in the field of elderly care and migrants. The meetings tend to involve field visits and local presentations, but most importantly they provide time and space for Eniec members to come together to exchange ideas. During the last half a day of each annual meeting the members hold a general assembly, which is the ultimate decisive body of Eniec.
So far the following annual meetings have been held:
- Bristol (2019): Dementia, Mental Health and Well-being, Methods of Communication and Carer’s Perspectives.
- Madrid (2018): Religion and spirituality in the lives of elderly migrants
- Pecs (2017): The Roma minorities
- Frankfurt (2016): The power of the network
- Istanbul (2015): Turkish elderly care system
- Oslo (2014): Dementia and memory disorders
- Brussels (2013): Our fellow elderly: participatory activities in disadvantaged neighbourhoods
- Amsterdam (2012): Active Ageing and empowering elderly migrants and refugees
- Gothenburg (2011)
- Helsinki (2010): Elderly in Finnish ethnic minorities
- Frankfurt (2009)
- The Hague (2008)
- Copenhagen (2007): The inaugural meeting