The board consists of four members who are elected by ENIEC members for a two-year period during the Annual Meeting.The board is responsible for the administration and development of ENIEC.
LOLA CASAL SANCHEZ (Madrid, Spain) | email
I am sociologist and social worker and have 15 years experience working as program manager in the fields of aging and migration in Spain, Portugal, USA, United Kingdom and the Netherlands. This has allowed me to work with individuals but also contribute to a wider perspective impacting on more individuals globally. As the Chair of ENIEC I am focused on improving the socio-political issues that affect immigrant older adults who confront the acculturation process and face discrimination in accessing social and health services.
I live and work in Nijmegen, and my working life has been around multicultural issues and working with volunteers. I studied anthropology and started working with social work for refugees. Since 2009 I work at a social work organisation for the elderly. I am a member of staff, busy with policymaking and projects on informal care and diversity with emphasis on migrant elderly. The coming years I want to contribute to broaden and strengthen our network and help to make life more enjoyable for migrant elderly.
Board member (2016/2020)
I am a social gerontologist and currently I work at the Laurea University of Applied Sciences as a senior Lecturer. In my research (PhD ) I concentrated on the migration issues of ethnic elders. I am especially keen on integration process of older people, the meaning of intergenerational relationships and transnational networks. I believe that good everyday life belongs to everyone and we need to work together to make that possible.
Former board members
- 2016 – 2018. Sari Sheinberg. Sweden.
- 2015 – 2017. Mohamed Baba. The Netherlands
- 2012 – 2016. Eva Rönkkö. Finland.
- 2012 – 2016. Kristel Logghe. The Netherlands
- 2013 – 2015. Els Nolf. Belgium
- 2012 – 2015. Jenny Malmsten. Sweden
- 2012 – 2013. Ute Bychowski. Germany
- 2010 – 2011. Ria Liden. Sweden
- 2009 – 2010. Hilkka Linderborg. Finland
- 2008 – 2012. Frédéric Lauscher. Germany
- 2007 – 2009. Vidya Rambaran Mishre. The Netherlands
- 2007 – 2012. Jan Booij. The Netherlands
- 2007 – 2011. Grete Madsen. Denmark