written by Nikolett Arnold
The University of Pécs Medical School Department of Migration Health has launched the Specialist in Migration Health course this fall. The course is full-time postgraduate training course for students who already have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a one of the specified fields. The course is a 120 ECTS course that is built up of 6 modules:
- clinical and public health assessment;
- epidemiology and research methodology;
- environmental medicine and occupational health;
- economic / health economic impact of migration;
- organization and systems management;
- social and behavioural aspects of migration including multicultural, multireligious aspects and their health/ mental health impact.
We are delighted that we were able to kick-off this course as the finishing point of an Erasmus LLP that focused on the development of the course with a consortium of 6 leading univerisities from Europe:
- Danube University Krems
- Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice
- Medizinische Universität Graz
- Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-Universität Greifswald
- University of East Anglia
- Univeristy of Pécs
We launched the first program only in English language, however next September we would like to start both in English and Hungarian. For more information on application, or on the course, please visit our website or contact us.